Each year, the City of Duncan receives proclamation requests from organizations for specific events or occasions being held by the organization on their behalf or for the general public.
Approval is required each year or time an event or occasion occurs.
Types of events or occasions suitable for proclamations are those that are:
- Observe milestones, recognize achievements or direct attention to a worthy cause, and
- Would not be considered offensive or frivolous by the public.
Requests, including draft wording for the proclamation, should be received at least one month before the event or occasion.
CURRENT PROCLAMATIONS APPROVED BY CITY COUNCIL
- World Autism Awareness Day – Light It Up Blue
- Canadian Oncology Nursing Day
- National Day of Mourning for Workers Who Have Been Killed, Suffered Work-related Injury or Disease
- North American Occupational Safety and Health Week
- Falun Dafa Month
- Public Works Week