Accepting Applications for Casual/On Call Office Support Worker
The City of Duncan invites applications from candidates with the proven skills, qualifications, and abilities for the position of Casual/On Call Office Support Worker. Under direct supervision, the successful candidate will be required to perform a broad range of administrative, reception, customer service, accounting and office duties.
- Post secondary business or administration courses or an 3 years equivalent combination of training and experience
- Education in a formal accounting program would be considered an asset.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative or clerical experience, preferably in a local government environment
- Proficiency and experience with a range of software: Microsoft Office Suite, Vadim
- High level of skill in business English, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to keyboard at a minimum of 50 wpm
- Cash receipting/cash register experience
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Quickly and effectively learn different tasks, and operate different computer software programs and a variety of standard office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Good knowledge of and practical experience with the methods, practices and principles entailed in accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation and payroll functions
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff
- Able to process a variety of confidential material with discretion and integrity
- Ability to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public
- Professional appearance and demeanor
This is a casual/on call union position with an hourly rate of $25.71 (2018 rate), and an additional twelve (12%) percent of the gross wage in lieu of benefits.
A cover letter and complete resume of experience, qualifications and 3 references will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on April 6, 2018 to the attention of Talitha Soldera, CPA, CGA – Director of Finance, City of Duncan, 200 Craig St, Duncan, B.C., V9L 1W3 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.