2020 Capital Projects
The City of Duncan will be undertaking a number of capital projects in 2020. Prior to starting these projects, affected residents and business owners will be provided scheduling information.
Traffic control personnel and signage will be present to safely guide pedestrians and drivers around the construction. We thank everyone for their cooperation and understanding.
Location: Between Coronation Ave. and Trunk Rd.
Start: March 2 Est. Completion: June 1
- Replacing approx. 180 metres of water main pipe; (50 metre dig at a time)
- Repaving portions of the roadway;
- Replacing portions of the sidewalks and adding new concrete curb, bump-outs, rain gardens, landscaping, street lighting;
- Installing a pedestrian railway crossing in Charles Hoey Park; and
- Installing four new electric vehicle charging stations along the west side of Duncan St.
Location: Between Government St. and Jubilee St.
Start: July/early August Est. Completion: October
- Replacing approx. 100 metres of water main pipe;
- Repaving roadway;
- Re-configuring access points at Government Street, and the existing totem boulevard area;
- Relocating the crosswalk to a safer location;
- Installing new concrete curb and sidewalk; and
- Installing benches, rain gardens, and landscaping within the totem boulevard area.
Location: Cairnsmore St./Government St./College St. Start: June
The City has recently issued a Request for Proposals for the detailed design and tendering of the roundabout. This project will provide a new access to Queen Margaret’s School and improve traffic operations in the area.
Trans-Canada Highway Trail:
Location: Silver Bridge to Ramada Inn Start: Late 2020
Design options are being finalized for a multi-use trail to be constructed on the east side of the Trans-Canada Highway. It will consist of a 3.0-metre-wide paved surface, and will provide a safer route for all users. The existing sidewalk adjacent to the highway will be removed.
Questions? Please contact Public Works at 250-746-5321 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org