North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP Accepting Crime Reports Online
The North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP now have an alternate way for citizens to report less serious offences with their new online crime reporting system. The online reporting system will allow call takers and front-line staff to focus on the higher priority calls, which improves overall safety and response times in the Cowichan Valley. Citizens with a valid email address can report the less serious crime that occurred in the Cowichan Valley, where there is no suspect and there is less than $5,000 in damages or lost/stolen property.
Citizens can report the following crimes online:
- Damage/mischief to property under $5,000;
- Damage/mischief to a vehicle where the damage is under $5,000;
- Hit and run to an unoccupied vehicle or property;
- Theft of bicycle where the value is under $5,000;
- Theft of other property where the value is under $5,000;
- Theft from vehicle where the value is under $5,000; or
- Lost property.
In order to make a report online, the following conditions MUST be met:
- The member of the public making the online report MUST use your real name and have a valid e-mail address;
- There MUST NOT be any witnesses or suspects;
- Follow-up by a police officer MUST NOT be required;
- Reports MUST NOT involve personal identification (passports, drivers licences, etc), firearms, licence plates or validation decals on licence plates;
- The user MUST agree to the terms and conditions of use.
To learn more or and to report please visit: bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/northcowichan-duncan/report