85 Station Street Placemaking Final Draft Concept Feedback Opportunity
Following months of public consultation for the 85 Station Street Placemaking Project, consulting firm Communitecture presented a final draft concept to City Council on September 8th, 2020. The proposed concept includes additional seating, enhanced public art including a painted intersection, added greenery, and covered areas for year-round uses of the park.
The project was initiated in fall 2019 and began with a public workshop on February 29, 2020. The second round of workshops was unfortunately cancelled, and the consultation moved online due to COVID-19.
Council will consider the potential implementation of this concept and whether to proceed with a more detailed design process during budget discussions this fall.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Development Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 250-746-6126.
Feedback and Resources:
- A video of the presentation to City Council is available (begins at 37m:47s)
- The Final Summary Report – 85 Station Street and Whistler Street is available for review
- The Final Concept Presentation – Sept. 2020 Station Street is also available
- September 8th, 2020 Staff Report by the Manager of Planning
- A single question Survey is available for public input
- The PlaceSpeak engagement page has extracts of the plan available under the Resources tab,
- For more details on the public consultation, please visit: http://www.placespeak.com/stationstreet
Example image from the Final Report: