85 Station Street Placemaking Final Draft Concept Feedback Opportunity
Following months of public consultation for the 85 Station Street Placemaking Project, consulting firm Communitecture presented a final draft concept to City Council on September 8th, 2020. The proposed concept includes additional seating, enhanced public art including a painted intersection, added greenery, and covered areas for year-round uses of the park.
The project was initiated in fall 2019 and began with a public workshop on February 29, 2020. The second round of workshops was unfortunately cancelled, and the consultation moved online due to COVID-19.
The community is invited to review the concept and provide comments in the Survey, available on the PlaceSpeak engagement page.
Council will consider the potential implementation of this concept and whether to proceed with a more detailed design process during budget discussions this fall.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Development Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 250-746-6126.
Feedback and Resources:
- A video of the presentation to City Council is available (begins at 37m:47s)
- The Final Summary Report – 85 Station Street and Whistler Street is available for review
- The Final Concept Presentation – Sept. 2020 Station Street is also available
- September 8th, 2020 Staff Report by the Manager of Planning
- A single question Survey is available for public input
- The PlaceSpeak engagement page has extracts of the plan available under the Resources tab,
- For more details on the public consultation, please visit: http://www.placespeak.com/stationstreet
Example image from the Final Report: