Whistler Street Placemaking Final Draft Concept Feedback Opportunity
On September 8th, 2020, consulting firm Communitecture presented a final draft concept for Whistler Street to City Council, concluding a 7-month public consultation. The proposed concept featured several design elements for short, medium, and long-term street improvements to both public and private property, with a particular focus on safety and providing pedestrian infrastructure (i.e. streetlights, sidewalks, and crosswalks).
The project was initiated in fall 2019 and began with a public workshop on March 1, 2020. The second round of workshops was unfortunately cancelled, and the consultation moved online due to COVID-19.
Council will consider the potential implementation of this concept and whether to proceed with a more detailed design process during budget discussions this fall.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Development Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 250-746-6126.
Feedback and Resources:
- A video of the presentation to City Council is available (begins at 56m:53s)
- The Final Summary Report – 85 Station Street and Whistler Street is available for review
- The Final Concept Presentation Whistler Street is also available
- September 8th, 2020 Staff Report by the Manager of Planning
- A single question Survey is available for public feedback
- The PlaceSpeak engagement page has extracts of the plan available under the Resources tab
- For more details on the public consultation, please visit: http://www.placespeak.com/whistlerstreet
Example image from the final report: