Whistler Street Placemaking Final Draft Concept Feedback Opportunity
On September 8th, 2020, consulting firm Communitecture presented a final draft concept for Whistler Street to City Council, concluding a 7-month public consultation. The proposed concept featured several design elements for short, medium, and long-term street improvements to both public and private property, with a particular focus on safety and providing pedestrian infrastructure (i.e. streetlights, sidewalks, and crosswalks).
The project was initiated in fall 2019 and began with a public workshop on March 1, 2020. The second round of workshops was unfortunately cancelled, and the consultation moved online due to COVID-19.
The community is invited to review the concept and provide feedback in the Survey, available on the PlaceSpeak engagement page.
Council will consider the potential implementation of this concept and whether to proceed with a more detailed design process during budget discussions this fall.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Development Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 250-746-6126.
Feedback and Resources:
- A video of the presentation to City Council is available (begins at 56m:53s)
- The Final Summary Report – 85 Station Street and Whistler Street is available for review
- The Final Concept Presentation Whistler Street is also available
- September 8th, 2020 Staff Report by the Manager of Planning
- A single question Survey is available for public feedback
- The PlaceSpeak engagement page has extracts of the plan available under the Resources tab
- For more details on the public consultation, please visit: http://www.placespeak.com/whistlerstreet
Example image from the final report: