BC Housing: 260 White Road Neighbourhood Dialogue Sessions
BC Housing want to continue the conversation about the new supportive housing at 260 White Road in Duncan.
Citizens are invited to receive an update on the project, meet the non-profit building operators, and provide input on the exterior design. There are three ways you can participate:
- Neighbourhood Dialogues – We are hosting two online sessions with 12 attendees per session. Due to COVID-19, these meetings will be held virtually for everyone’s safety.
- Online Survey – The online survey is live on the 260 White Road page of the Let’s Talk Housing BC website. It will close February 21, 2021.
- Let’s Talk Housing BC website – Please submit comments or questions to the 260 White Road Let’s Talk Housing BC website: https://letstalkhousingbc.ca/cowichan-valley-white-road
This new building will offer 48 permanent studio apartments with supports. These will be for people who are experiencing homelessness in Duncan. These new homes will be operated by three service providers:
- Cowichan Valley Women Against Violence Society (cwav.org)
- Hiiye’yu Lelum Society, House of Friendship (hofduncan.org)
- Clements Centre Society (clementscentre.org)
Online Neighbourhood Dialogues:
February 16, 2021 from 12:00-1:30 pm
February 17, 2021 from 7:00-8:30 pm
RSVP at email@example.com
Please indicate which meeting you want to attend. A meeting link will then be shared with you.
Spaces in the meetings will be held on a first-come, first-serve basis.
All people in supportive housing have made the choice to live a more stable and healthy life. All residents will:
- Pay rent;
- Apply to live in the building;
- Currently reside in the Cowichan Valley.
We want to answer your questions. Please contact BC Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org