Front Desk Clerk – 40% Job Share – Open
The City of Duncan is seeking a well-organized, highly motivated, energetic, and proactive individual to provide administrative support in a busy, public facing environment.
Among other things you will: respond to in-person and telephone inquiries; provide information, forms and applications to customers; format, proofread, enter and retrieve information using word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications; handle incoming mail; and other general office tasks as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum 3 years of clerical, administrative, or accounting experience in a public facing position, preferably in a local government environment
- Have a post-secondary business, accounting, or administration certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be polite, tactful, and courteous in dealing with the public
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Be proficient in current computer applications such as word processes, spreadsheet software, database and operating systems and can keyboard at a minimum of 50 wpm
- Be able to maintain office equipment (such as photocopiers, telephones, fax machines and printers) to minimize down time and ensure efficient usage
- Be thorough, conscientious, and attentive to detail to ensure quality work
- Have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- This is a two day per week (Thursday and Friday) union position with an hourly rate of $29.10 (2020 rate), and an additional twelve (12%) percent of the gross wage in lieu of benefits ($32.59) or a modified benefit package.
A resume indicating all qualifications and experience and a cover letter addressing how your qualifications and experience fit the position will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2021, to email@example.com, attention of Bernice Crossman, Director of Finance.Front Desk Clerk - Job Share External (28 downloads)