Notice to Taxpayers – 2021 Property Tax Notices
Property tax notices have been mailed. If you have not received your 2021 tax notice, please call City Hall at 250-746-6126.
Payments are due by 4:00 p.m. July 2, 2021. However, due to COVID-19, no penalties will be levied before October 1, 2021. As September 30 is now a stat holiday, City Hall will be closed. Therefore Wednesday, September 29th is the last day to make a payment on your property tax account to avoid penalties. All unpaid 2021 taxes (including unpaid taxes resulting from unclaimed Home Owner Grants) are subject to a 5% PENALTY ON OCTOBER 1, 2021 and a further 5% PENALTY ON NOVEMBER 1, 2021.
Postmarks on mailed remittances will not be considered as a date of payment.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR HOME OWNER GRANT
New for 2021 – Eligible residential property owners must now claim their 2021 home owner grant with the Province. City Hall cannot accept applications.
- Apply online at: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1-888-355-2700
- Or to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding statutory holidays
Please note: You can claim your home owner grant without making a payment. To avoid a penalty on the unpaid taxes resulting from unclaimed home owner grant, it must be claimed by 4:00 p.m. on September 30, 2021.
HOW TO PAY YOUR PROPERTY TAXES
To ensure social distancing and the safety of others we recommend paying online or by mail.
- City Hall is open for payments and appointments only
- Mail in your payment to: City of Duncan, 200 Craig Street, Duncan, BC, V9L 1W3
- Pay via internet or telephone banking through your financial institution
- If you must pay in person at City Hall, the City accepts cash, cheque, or debit card
City Hall staff are available to answer your questions by telephone at 250-746-6126, or by email at email@example.com.