Records Management Coordinator – Open
Duncan is small, in a Big way. Just a few hundred metres off the Highway (about 60 kilometres north of Victoria) you will find 300 shops and services in a few beautiful walkable blocks enhanced by 40 world renowned totem poles. Within minutes of downtown are 5 golf courses, 15 wineries, lake and ocean waterfront, and world class trails. Our compact city of just 5,000 people offers high quality living and acts as the commercial centre serving a population of approximately 80,000 people in the greater Duncan area and surrounding communities.
The City of Duncan is seeking a temporary (a one-to-two-year term) full-time Records Management Project Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Records Management Project Coordinator will oversee the Request for Proposal process to select a consultant to develop a Records Management Plan and the selection and implementation of records management software. The successful applicant will develop policy and procedures, prepare amendments to the City of Duncan Records Management Bylaw, develop a training manual, and implement a training program for staff.
The successful applicant must be able to perform essential functions of this job including lifting and carrying full banker’s boxes and occasionally climbing ladders or utilizing step ladders to move boxes of files in a safe manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (or equivalent combination)
- Considerable knowledge of the Local Government Act, Community Charter, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA);
- Familiarity with municipal bylaws, policies, and regulations governing the legal requirements of records and information management;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and techniques used to manage computerized records;
- Specific knowledge of one or more records management software programs;
- Experience in project management would be an asset;
- Three years’ experience working in a related local government environment;
- Certificate in Local Government Administration would be an asset.
The position is full-time, 35 hours a week for a one-to-two-year term with an annual salary of $60,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience. At the employee’s discretion, additional pay in lieu of vacation and benefits, or a suite of benefits, is offered in addition to the base salary.
A cover letter and resume, containing full details of education, training, and experience, (including date available to start), along with three references, will be accepted until Thursday, July 22, 2021, at 3:30 pm. to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
A detailed job description and required qualifications are available on the City of Duncan website (www.duncan.ca).
We thank all applicants, but only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.