Duncan COVID-19 Grant Program Still Available
DUNCAN, BC – In May 2020, City Council approved a grant program intended to support residents and businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 by leveraging other funding or encouraging “made in Duncan” concepts. To date, Council has approved four applications:
- Downtown Duncan Business Improvement Area “Buy Local Campaign” $10,000
- Downtown Duncan Business Improvement Area “Station Street Food Court” $10,000
- Cowichan Green Community “Neighbourhood Revitalization Projects” $10,000
- Downtown Duncan Business Improvement Area “Food Court Concrete Picnic Tables” $10,000
The City continues to welcome new grant applications. The maximum grant amount is $10,000 per project and there is $54,400 available. The grant is intended to encourage creative thinking by local organizations to create programs and concepts that will support businesses and residents affected by the pandemic. This opportunity supports organizations to start new programs that would not qualify for provincial or federal funding opportunities, or to leverage existing funding.
Applicants must be registered organizations, individual applicants will not qualify, and they must have an office located in the Cowichan Valley. Funds must not be used to pay existing staff members’ salaries.
- support Duncan businesses, residents, or both impacted by COVID-19 or establish recovery programs;
- demonstrate that the organization has exhausted other potential opportunities for funding from local, provincial, and federal sources; and
- focus substantially on City businesses, residents, or both.
Please see the COVID-19 Grant-in-Aid Application Form for more details. The form is available on the City’s website www.duncan.ca. We thank all other applications that have been received to date. Only new applications will be considered.
COVID-19 Grant Application Form