The City of Duncan and our regional partners are following the direction of BC’s Provincial Health Officer in dealing with COVID-19 (coronavirus). Please continue to:
- practice excellent personal hygiene (wash your hands thoroughly and often, cough and sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve, clean surfaces and things you use such as your phone, keys, keyboards and electronic devices) often;
- stay home if you feel unwell; and
- stay at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
For information on the latest provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, non-medical issues (such as travel recommendations) and how to manage social isolation, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/COVID-19
For more information and latest medical updates on COVID-19, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website: http://www.bccdc.ca
For information on how to register and book a COVID-19 appointment, visit: www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated
For additional information, review the Public Health Officer Orders on proof of vaccination including summary of the general rules and requirements.
We also recommend that you also fact check rumours and things you may see or hear on social media with information from trusted sources, especially the following:
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Health Canada
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada Help and Information
- Province of BC Updates
City Hall is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (statutory holidays exempt). Masks are optional in City Hall.
Public Works is closed for public access. Public Works can be reached at: 250-746-5321.
Department email addresses:
- Development Services: email@example.com
- Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Services: email@example.com
- Bylaw Enforcement: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works: email@example.com
Unsure who to contact? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , call City Hall at 250-746-6126, or Public Works at 250-746-5321.
City of Duncan 2021 COVID-19 News Releases and Information Items
Council Meeting Participation
Council meetings have resumed in-person in Council Chamber. Council meeting will continue to be live streamed on YouTube.com and will be available for viewing anytime through the https://duncan.civicweb.net/portal/ or go to YouTube.com and search “City of Duncan“.
Cowichan Valley Regional District Emergency Operations Centre
All communities in the Cowichan Valley Regional District are part of the COVID-19 Regional Emergency Operations Centre. Check here for the latest news and information on the regional response.
You can also sign up for the CVRD Emergency Alert System notifications. Click here to register.