BC Transit Wants to Hear from the Cowichan Valley
BC Transit and the Cowichan Valley Regional District welcomes public feedback with an online survey and at five transit open houses in the Cowichan Valley on Thursday, October 26, Friday, October 27, and Saturday, October 28.
Through these sessions, BC Transit wishes to discuss and seek input on proposed changes and service improvements to the Cowichan Valley Regional Transit System, including routing, scheduling and frequency on routes 3 Quamichan, 4 Maple Bay, 5 Eagle Heights, 6 Crofton-Chemainus and 7 Cowichan Lake via Gibbins Road. The engagement will also discuss potential placement of new bus stops in high density areas.
The proposed changes build on the vision of the Cowichan Valley Transit Future Plan to develop a more effective and efficient service, and the changes are expected to be implemented in July 2018.
Feedback gathered through the online survey and these public consultations will help our planning and scheduling teams to create final routing and schedules, and provide an opportunity for the public to discuss the role of transit in the region.
Open House Schedule
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- Country Grocer, 83 Cowichan Lake Road, Lake Cowichan, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Village Green Mall Transit Hub, 180 Central Road, Duncan, 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.,
Friday, October 27, 2017
- 49th Parallel Store (Pine and Daniels Exchange), 3055 Oak Street, Chemainus, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Duncan Train Station/ Charles Hoey Park, 130 Canada Avenue, Duncan, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Walmart (Lotto entrance), Cowichan Commons, 3020 Drinkwater Road, North Cowichan, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Members of the public unable to attend in person can still provide feedback through an online survey. The survey will be open from October 23 to November 12, 2017.
For more information, service updates and alerts in the Cowichan Valley, please visit bctransit.com/cowichan-valley.