Notice to Waive a Public Hearing – Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Section 467 of the Community Charter and Section 464(2) of the Local Government Act that the Council of the City of Duncan has waived the holding of a public hearing in relation to proposed Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020.
Community Charter Section 467 provides for the waiving of a public hearing in relation to land use bylaws that are consistent with an official community plan (OCP) bylaw and, in this instance, Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020, is seen to be consistent with the Affordable and Special Needs Housing Policies of the City of Duncan Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 2030, 2007 and proposes to amend Zoning Bylaw 3166, 2017 to:
- allow offices the provision of support services for women fleeing or at risk of violence as an accessory use in the High Density Residential (HDR) Zone;
- add Assisted Living Residential Facility as a permitted use in Medium Density Residential (MDR), High Density Residential (HDR), Downtown Comprehensive (DTC) and Neighbourhood Commercial (NC) Zones;
- alter the density bonus regulations for rental or affordable housing in the MDR, HDR, DTC and NC Zones;
- alter off-street parking general regulations; and
- update housing definitions and terms.
The City of Duncan will consider third reading of Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020, at its regular meeting on July 20, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. Due to COVID-19, Duncan Council is holding ‘virtual’ meetings online to comply with the Provincial Health Officer’s recommendation to maintain safe physical distancing of at least 2 metres from each other. Citizens and members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend the Meeting “Live Stream” at: https://duncan.civicweb.net/Portal/Video.aspx
For further information on Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020 please see below. If you have any questions, or to inspect the proposed Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3166.01, 2020, please contact the Planning Dept. at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-746-6126 to set up an appointment at City Hall, 200 Craig Street, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday (except statutory holidays).