Notice of Development Permit with Variances (DP-2021-02) 545 Jubilee Street
This notice is to advise that Council will consider a Development Permit with Variances respecting LOT A, SECTION 18, RANGE 6, QUAMICHAN DISTRICT, PLAN EPP62839 (545 Jubilee Street).
The City has received a Development Permit with Variances application (DP-2021-02) from Plante Developments Ltd., for the construction of a three-storey, six-unit residential development at 545 Jubilee Street, which is within the High Density Residential Zone in the City’s Zoning Bylaw No. 3166, 2017 and Development Permit Area DPA-1 Multi-Family Residential Areas in Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 2030, 2007.
The application includes the following requested variances:
Requested variances to Zoning Bylaw No. 3166, 2017:
- To vary section 4.11.1, the minimum front parcel line setback from 3.0 m to 1.7 m;
- To vary section 4.11.1, the interior side parcel line setback from 1.5 m to 1.0 m;
- To vary section 3.32.1, the maximum percentage of small car parking spaces from 50% to 100%;
- To vary section 3.31.1, the minimum number of required parking spaces from 7 to 6;
- To vary section 3.30.1, the minimum number of visitor parking space from 1 to 0;
- To vary section 3.32.1, the minimum Two way – Aisle Width from 6.5 m to 6.45 m
Requested variance to the Works and Services Bylaw No. 3158, 2017:
1. To vary Schedule A, section 5.1.1, Common Driveway minimum width from 6.0 m to 3.8 m.
The proposed permit will be available for public review from Thursday, June 10, 2021 to Monday, June 21, 2021. For convenience, the proposed site plan and perspective drawing of the development are attached as a PDF below to this notice. For more information specific to this application, or to arrange to view the proposed permit at City Hall, during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, please contact Development Services, at 250-746-6126 or DevelopmentServices@duncan.ca.
Council will consider this application at the electronic Council Meeting scheduled for Monday, June 21, 2021, 6:00 p.m. To watch the Council meeting online, live-streamed, please go to: https://duncan.civicweb.net/Portal/Video.aspx or search on https://www.youtube.com/ for “City of Duncan”.
Any person who believes their interests may be affected by this proposed Development Variance Permit may provide written comments by hand-delivery at City Hall or mail to Acting Director of Corporate Services, City of Duncan, 200 Craig Street, Duncan, BC V9L 1W3 or email email@example.com until 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 16, 2021, to ensure their inclusion in the public record. Written comments received after 4:00 p.m. on June 16 and before 5:00 p.m. on June 21 will be submitted for public record during the meeting.