Notice of Development Permit With Variances – DP-2018-1027 College Street
This notice is to advise that Council will consider a Development Permit with Variances respecting LOT A, PLAN VIP62519, SECTION 19, RANGE 5, QUAMICHAN DISTRICT, located at 1027 College Street, Duncan, BC.
The applicant has applied for a Development Permit with Variances to construct a twenty-one unit strata development, which consists of five structures: two six-plex and three tri-plex units.
The applicant is requesting the following variances to Zoning Bylaw No. 3166, 2017:
- To vary the requirement for two Level-2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations; for the applicant to provide 220-volt garage service outlets ready for EV plugs in each of the seventeen garages and conduit for one future Level-2 EV Charging Station in the surface parking area.\
- To vary the front yard setback from 3.0 m to 1.85 m for four (4) balcony posts, to 1.95 m for four (4) balcony posts, and to 2.8 m for six (6) balcony posts.
- To vary the interior side yard setback for accessory uses from 1 m to 0 m for the garbage and recycling storage enclosure.
- To vary the rear yard setback from 10 m to 4 m for the three tri-plex buildings.
- To vary the parking regulation which requires that “parking spaces shall be laid out so as to permit unobstructed access to and egress from each parking space at all times”; to allow the surface parking spaces in front of the individual unit garages of the tri-plex buildings to be counted towards the total number of parking spaces.
A copy of the application and staff reports will be available here:
- Public Notice
- Application Package
- Design Package
- Advisory Design Panel Package
- Subject Property Map: 1027 College Street
AND, for public review from Monday, November 4th, 2019 to Monday, November 18th, 2019 at:
Duncan City Hall,
200 Craig Street, Duncan, BC
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Council will consider this application at the Regular Meeting scheduled for Monday, November 18th, 2019, 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, Duncan City Hall, 200 Craig Street, Duncan.
Any person who believes their interests may be affected by this proposed Development Variance Permit may appear in person, or by agent, the evening of the Regular Council meeting. Written comments will also be accepted by mail or email to Director of Corporate Services, City of Duncan, 200 Craig Street, Duncan, BC V9L 1W3; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, until 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 13th, 2019, to ensure their inclusion in the public record.
For more information on this application please contact Development Services, at (250) 746-6126 or DevelopmentServices@duncan.ca